Sunday, June 28, 2009

I'm IN AFRICA!!!!!

Who would have thought? A bearded, Canadian guy from Brantford, On. is now in Capetown. I can hardly believe it myself. When i look back over the last 5 years of my life, i wouldn't have pictured myself here. I love this journey God has had me on these last couple of years, and especially the last 3 months. I can't thank you enough for just being my friends, my support. God is the ultimate inspiration in what I am doing. He is my guide, my leader, my best friend. So I thank God for all His love and peace He has given me. Capetown has be called the most beautiful place in the world. Now, i havn't been outside of North America until now, but I can see why people say that. Mountains meet the ocean in a matter of approx. 1 km. It's incredible how creative God is. Some of my team went to a local church today and the pastor said "When God created the world, He started with Capetown". I know God has me here for a reason, and it not just this short season. I'm praying to God to reveal to me what my next step is after this 3 month part of my DTS. So please pray for revelation for what's going to happen beyond Sept. I'm continuing to raise support while I am here on a month to month basis, to be able to go into full time missions starting in Oct. If you are someone who would like to partner with me, please email me, and i will make the time to call you. There will be more updates as my time here continues, so please be praying for safety (as South Africa can be dangerous), for peace, joy, for community within our team, for God to reveal Himself to the people we come into contact with. Thank you my friends. Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment