Tuesday, June 9, 2009

any day now...

If you have been keeping in touch with me, you may know that it's been a bit of a "stressful" time for me recently. I'm leaving for South Africa in less than 3 weeks, the hot summer has hit, the VOG (volcanic fog) is rolling back, i'm almost out of money and some life decisions that have been made.

I prayed God would provide my finances on the day they were due, but my timing isn't always Gods timing. I still had $3500 owing for my outreach, and i managed to pay $500 of it on the due date, leaving $3000. As of today, i've had $1000 come in from some very generous friends (thank you, you know who you are), but that still leaves me about $2000 short. Currently i'm trying to sell my drum kit (which is REALLY hard) in order to be able to go.

But enough about money. I've been feeling sick/allergetic/tired because of the VOG, which doesn't really ever go away. Please continue to pray for energy and motivation for these last couple of weeks in Hawaii, I want to make the most of my time here.

Hopefully by now you've been able to see the Sex+money book and/or the 30 days of prayer book. PhotogenX has LOTS and LOTS of these books if you are interested. I can mail more of them before I leave for South Africa if you want one for yourself, or you feel like this is something you could partner in and would like to distribute them to your friends. Email me at jonnygphotography@yahoo.ca if you would like them.

I'm truly enjoying what God is teaching and showing me here. I feel like this is only the start to many more opportunites He has for me.
I appreciate the prayers and emails of support. I miss home and my friends at times, so it awesome to hear about your lives whenever you have a chance to email me. I have a long distance phone card too, so if you would like to chat on the phone, i would be MORE than willing to talk and hear about your lives.

In His Holy name.

No comments:

Post a Comment