Wednesday, June 17, 2009

God IS a provider....

Time after time I have been reminded that God IS a provider. It's not that he provides, but in his character, the God that He is. I have heard of stories from many people here at YWAM, and from friends who have seen "dramatic" provision. God always seemed to provide for me in 'practical' ways, like friends who happen to get extra shifts at work to be able to give, or selling something i own etc.
But today the "box" i put God in was completely shattered. Our team had a time this morning to pray and act on what God was telling us. It was a time to give. One of my teams members who is going to South Africa, felt God asking them to give all that they had to our team. It was enough to cover the remaining amount that we owed as a team. PRAISE GOD!! I bawled so hard, out of happiness, out of thankfulness and joy. There were MANY things, objects, items, given away. I've been feeling a little stressed and worn out because of some things, relationships, money problems etc. in my life, and instead of going to God and the bible, i have mostly turned my ipod on and slept. But today God told me to give it away. My ipod touch, my music. So I gave it away to the person God told me too.
All this time leading up until we leave for outreach, i have been trying to sell anything i have i don't really need including my car. It's not worth much, but at least it's something. About two months ago our school leader Paul was read ended by someone smashing his trunk in and since then the person who hit him has not been found. Paul and Susi (his wife) can't afford to fix it, nor can they go without a car having two young children. I heard through the grape vine they really want/need a 4X4 suv type car. I thought PERFECT, they can have mine, but it's in Canada, and it would cost probaly as much as it's worth just to ship it here. So God piped in and told me to give them whatever money i can sell my car for towards them getting a new car. I feel released, I have obeyed and God HAS provided me with what He knows i have needed all along!!!

Thank you for your support and prayers!!. It will help me to continue to do what God has called me to do: HIS WILL!!!

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment