Monday, May 4, 2009

a whirl-wind of events

Throughout my time in Kona, God has been showing me what LOVE, GRACE, PATIENCE really means, and how HE is the ultimate in all those ways. I fall short in every way. I strive to be everything God has called me to be, to be the MAN of GOD He wants me to be. Yet still, God accepts me, knows my heart, and through all my short-comings, i am CONSTANTLY LOVED by Him, not matter what. Now whether you believe in such love, or whether this love is a concept not a reality, the truth is right there, just a hair away from you. God does not hold love above you, like a PIÑATA full of said love, leading you blindly with a bat. He gives it to you freely, openly, WHOLE HEARTLY for us, all we have to do is accept.
I DO!!!!!!!
I want to love like him, see HIS people the way he sees them.
These are the things I pray daily.

I'm hoping through this time, and the rest of my life, I will continue this pursuit of Christ. For my LOVE for HIM will not fade, to be Christ like.

2 comments:

  1. I love sharing community with you friend and reading about what God is doing in your life. Keep writing, it is encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Jon -- your post about God's kind of love has come at a good time... He's trying to teach me about that, too. I appreciate the pin~ata idea: I think on some level that's been my belief! I love having a visual like that to grab onto (or let go of, as it were). Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete