Friday, May 1, 2009

support

Dear friends, family and loved ones,

As you may already know, I have been living in Kona, Hawaii since April.2.09. I'm attending a Youth With a Mission (YWAM) course called PhotogenX DTS (discipleship training school). This course focuses on using photography to bring injustices to light in the world, and to spread Jesus' love and passion for all the nations.

I will be in Kona until June 25, and from there I will be traveling with 16 other friends from my DTS to South Africa to join the PhotogenX team already established there. There are 3 other groups from my DTS traveling to Panama, and to other Central and South American countries such as Cuba, Columbia, and Nicaragua. Those teams will be launching a 30 day prayer book called 'Voice for the Voiceless' in the Spanish speaking world. This book was created by our school leaders Paul and Susie Childers in order to address the issue of gender-based injustices around the world. (www.voiceforthevoiceless.com.au)

I have sent a few 'Voice for the Voiceless' prayer books for you to have, as well as a book the last PhotogenX team made called 'Sex + Money, A global search for human worth'. This book made out of a year long photo track going around the world photographing and discovering issues and injustices that God wants to end. Please read, pray and know these aren't just statistics, but humans like you, me, your family members, and friends, that these issues are happening right in our own backyards, cities, and countries.

As a part of this ministry, I'm wanting to and have felt God calling me to join them on more of a long term basis. At this point, coming to YWAM and joining the PhotogenX DTS has been God's calling on my life and I'm praying to God to reveal this next step in HIS plan for my life and how that is going to look.

I truly appreciate the support you have all shown me since I have started this journey. As I continue, please pray for clarity and direction for Gods purpose for me as well as continued financial support, as working for PhotogenX is a voluntary ministry. The next step I'm praying through is to whether or not I can go on the next PhotogenX 'around the world track'. At this point I do not have the funds to buy an around the world ticket. If you feel God leading you to give and support me, I encourage you to email me to find out more details about the ministry I'm involved with and how you can get involved. The email you can contact me at is jonnygphotography@yahoo.ca

I cannot go on with this ministry without God, so I thank Him for love and passion for his people. I also cannot without your love, prayers and support, so THANK YOU again for you continued involvement in my life.

Much love and ALOHA in Jesus' name,

Jonathan Grime

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to blog world brother. Love that you're doing what you're doing Jon.

    Bless ya man

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon, It's exciting to hear what the Lord is doing in your life. We serve an awesome Lord. Enjoy the journey that the Lord is taking you on. Love Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jon: got your blogger from Shirley. Hope all is well, and you are staying safe. Looks like the Lord is challenging you to grow and follow in his ways. Keep posting we will continue to follow you and pray for you.
    Love Aunt Ruth

    ReplyDelete