Sunday, May 10, 2009

the hike to END all hikes

I'll be honest, I've never really been a HARDCORE hiker. I like to mountain bike, snowboard, but when it came to hiking, i usually opted out. But yesterday our DTS group when on this INCREDIBLE hike to WaipioVally here in Hawaii. I'm not exactly sure HOW far the hike was, but lets just say, it felt like it was never going to end. The road leading down to the start, was more or less a 45 degree slope, and walking back up that 1 mile road almost KILLED ME!! But through the "rain forest" like forest, over the moss covered boulders, along the muddy paths, and "fording" through a river to reach the 2000 foot waterfall, was WELL worth it. I didn't take a digital camera with me, but only a point and shoot film camera, so if you have facebook, some people took pictures and you can see a glimspe of this God made masterpiece.
I can't describe the feeling of laying in a waterfall pool, on my back looking up. It was simply beautiful. The end.

Jon OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment