Monday, September 28, 2009

back in Canada

Is this my life?
Am I really here?

After traveling for 24 hours straight, these are questions I ask myself and God. Life seems to be very surreal, like i'm living another persons amazing life. But I pinch myself, and realize God has given this beautiful gift of life.

I've been back in Brantford, Canada for only about 48 hours now, yet it seems like i've never left. I love my family, friends, my country, my city (even though it can be boring at times haha) my church family, my community. God will and does have purpose for me while i'm here, but I still can't wait for the next journey.

My plan while I am home is to connect with as many of you as possible, share about my time away, and just enjoy life here. I'm also going to be selling off my many items I do not need, and hopefully getting a part time job to save some money to be able to go back.

As I have stated before, I've been waiting on God for direction for the next season of my life, as I want to continue full time missions. I knew that going into YWAM, that it was just the beginning of a new season, a season and life of obedience. Through prayer/talks with God, endless conversations with friends, I feel as if God wants me to continue the ministry I was involved with in South Africa.

I was blessed with a 450 Euro flight credit, so that's at least half my ticket back to Cape Town. I'll need about another $600 Cnd for the other half of my flight. If you would like to donate Air Miles, that is an easy way to support me as well. I've calculated that my monthly costs, inc. rent and food will be about $500 cnd a month. If you are interested in partnering with me on a month to month basis, or just a one time donation, I'll be setting up a way to get you tax deductible receipts

In the next coming weeks, I will be hosting an open house for anyone who wants to come and hear about my travels, see my photos, enjoy great conversations, and of course delicious coffee and desserts.

I'm available anytime to grab a coffee, chat, so please feel free to call me anytime. 519-752-5513.

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment