Monday, August 3, 2009

Aug.3.09 update from Capetown

Moloweni (South African greeting, means Hello to many people)

I have been in Capetown for a week now. As a team we have spent the week to focus and discovering opportunities of ministry in the greater Capetown area. Our leaders Deb and Rog had previous commitments and had to leave us, so we now have a student leader who is from Capetown. We have visited townships, gone on prayer walks, eaten delicious African BBQ (well that's not so mission focused, but it was amazing), and as a group talked about our last month of travel.

As our time on the overland trip was coming to an end, a lot of us, including myself, were still processing what had happened. At the time it's sometimes difficult to know if we had done any good and if it was what God wanted. As we sat around and told Dave and Laura Fisher (who started a Voice for the Voiceless South Africa) about the different things we had done. I realize now just how much God was at work in and through us. From street ministry, to preaching in churches, we had done many things in and for Gods Holy name.

This week we are praying and starting the new ministries. Please pray for focus, vision for me and my team. That what we would be doing is for God, for HIS love, and not just about us.

I appreciate all the emails i have received from everyone about life back home. Sorry if i have written back yet. The internet here is temperamental and sometimes randomly stops working. As I make time this week, I'll be sure you write back to all of you individually.

Much love and appreciation for your support of me FOR God. I have been blessed in more ways then one, and just hearing small tidbits about what's been happening in your lives has been really encouraging. Please keep it up. I love it!!!

Jonathan

ps. i'm tyring to upload pics to facebook of my trip, but since the internet isn't great, it's becoming very difficult. I'll keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment